June 20, 2013

I've been put threw a wood chipper and came out the other side

After an 8-day retreat to one of my now favorite places on Earth, I am thrown into the bowels of reality called my career.  I'm not happy about it.  My mind wants nothing to do with Excel spreadsheets and computer monitors.  I have vivid memories of waking up before 7:30 every morning to run along the shore watching the sun dance on the water and the flowering trees greet me.

Gone are the days of sitting ocean side listening to the water crash onto the sand, watching the surfers defeat the odds of incredible waves and listening to the native birds chirp.  Also gone are the frozen drinks and the smell of the ocean-side grille.  

After staying in Poipu Beach in Kauai, I've got clients to tend to.  Emails to answer.  Billing to submit and production work calling my name.  I've also got bills to pay and some vacation money that needs to be replenished in my bank account.  

Until we meet again, Kauai.  Your memories will live in my heart.  Always.








And so will the native chickens and roosters that steal my nachos and drink the last of my strawberry/mango margarita.  You assholes, you.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip! I'm glad it was everything you needed it to be.

    ReplyDelete